Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chicken: It's What's For Dinner!

I love chicken.  I also love cheese.  And I've learned to love veggies, thanks to keto.  So one day I thought to myself, why not make a dinner out of all of the above?


CHICKEN AND VEGGIE BAKE

2 chicken breasts (with the skins, if you want)
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp ghee
1/2 cup bacon bits
Seasonings (I use salt, pepper, garlic, poultry seasoning, and paprika)

Melt ghee in pan, brown the chicken breasts in the ghee.  Place chicken in baking dish, pour drippings over top.  Season to taste; I probably use around a tsp each of garlic and poultry seasoning, a half tsp salt, and a dash of pepper and paprika.

Steam or boil broccoli and cauliflower for 5 minutes.  Drain/remove from steamer.  Place in baking dish over and around the chicken; I added a bit more salt and garlic powder on top of the vegetables.  Top with the cheese.

Bake at 400 for 20-40 minutes, until cheese is melted and veggies are browning on the edge. 

I added a dollop of sour cream and a generous amount of crumbled bacon, because remember, bacon makes you skinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment